This annual event, which is taking place on 23 & 24 October 2019 at the Indaba Hotel, Johannesburg, is happening for the fifth time this year.
Collectively the 2016, 2017 & 2018 AML & Financial Crime Conferences have attracted over 500 AML and financial crime professionals from around Southern Africa.
With over 30 speakers presenting, 5 international key note addresses and 6 sessions, attending will give delegates a chance to get updated on all the challenges, opportunities and threats relating to anti-money laundering & financial crime prevention.
New topics that made headlines on the AML landscape such as beneficial ownership, illicit money flow, information sharing between banks and the influence of AI and machine learning on AML activities, will all be addressed amongst many other updated topics.
Attending also offers excellent networking opportunities with sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and fellow delegates.
Some members of the expert speaker panel
- Nick Maxwell, Head: Future of Financial Intelligence Sharing Programme, RUSI Centre for Financial Crime & Security Studies (UK)
- Pieter Alberts, Senior Operations Manager: Investigative Support Services, Financial Intelligence Centre, South Africa
- Pieter Smit, Executive Manager: Legal & Policy, Financial Intelligence Centre, South Africa
- Yurika Pistorius, Head of Compliance, Clientèle
- Francois Combrinck, AML/CFT Technology Specialist, FrameAML
- Daniel Saksenberg, Founder, Emerge Analytics
- Johan Hetzel, Money Laundering Control Officer, Tyme Bank
- Sean Stander, Head: AML Strategy, Risk Integration and CDD Advisory, Standard Bank
- Dr Wynand Spruyt, Research Associate, Centre for Banking Law, University of Johannesburg
- Ilze Calitz, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, Monivation
- Krevania Pillay, Associate: Corporate Investigations and Forensics, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
- Advocate Jan Augustyn, Independent Consultant – practising Advocate and Specialist in the FICA/AML environment
- Willem Janse van Rensburg, Executive Consultant: Dispute Resolution, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
- Marina Short, Chief Executive Officer, Consumer Profile Bureau
- Cas Coovadia, Managing Director, The Banking Association South Africa
- Thomas Selmer-Olsen, Product Specialist, Fico Tonbeller (Germany)
- Vilho Nkandi, Head: AML & Inspections, Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority (NAMFISA) (Namibia)
- Masego Mabyane, Africa Head: Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption and Acting Head; WIMI Financial Crime, ABSA
- Barry Cooper, Technical Director, Centre for Financial Regulation and Inclusion
- Oliver Chiperesa, Deputy Director, Financial Intelligence Unit, Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
- Michael Meadon, Market Development Manager & Risk, Refinitiv
- Pieter Rossouw, Head: AML, Regulatory Conduct Risk Management, FNB
- Raoul Blignaut, Information Technology Risk & Compliance Manager, Citi Bank
- Era Gunning, Director: Banking & Finance, ENSafrica
Sessions to be covered
- Current landscape of anti-money laundering and financial crime in Southern Africa
- AML monitoring, reporting and financial surveillance
- Financial crime enforcement, compliance and due diligence
- Risk management, cyber-crime and AML
- Use of smart technology in combatting anti money laundering / CFT
- Money laundering and corruption
- Regulation and regulatory frameworks
Who must attend?
Personnel from the following departments and sections can be expected to be attending this event (based of 2017 and 2018 attendance):
financial crime * governance * compliance * AML regulation * monitoring & control * financial surveillance * regulatory control & risk management *FACTA * exchange control * CTF * AML risk management * fraud *customer due diligence * technology * auditing * sanctions * forensics * screening * KYC * customer on-boarding
Normal registration fee: R9 400 + VAT = R10 810 p.p.
Early bird registration fee: R7 900 + VAT = R9 085.p.p. (valid until Tuesday, 23 July 2019)
NB: Early bird prices will only be applicable up to the final brochure release with full conference programme end of July 2019.
For more than 10 years, TCI has been a registered and preferred conference organiser for all major banks and financial institutions. Vendor details available on request.