The Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime Southern Africa 2019 Conference is taking place on 23 & 24 October 2019 at the Indaba Hotel, Fourways, Johannesburg.
This event – Southern Africa’s biggest and most important event for professionals dealing with anti-money laundering, financial crime, compliance, and fraud – is taking place for the fifth time this year.
13 reasons why you cannot miss out attending the Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime Southern Africa 2019 Conference:
- Meet our top-class speaker panel representing speakers from amongst others Germany, USA, UK, Namibia, and Zimbabwe.
- Come face to face with representatives from the Financial Intelligence Centre.
- Learn by absorbing knowledge through cutting edge topics which will cover all the updates you need to understand and negotiate the present anti-money laundering landscape in South Africa.
- Network and make friends with fellow delegates – representative dealing with AML, financial crime, compliance, fraud, KYC, sanctions, etc.
- Get inspired by knowledge sharing that will empower you and make you be regarded as an expert in the AML field.
- Catch up with new ways of doing things – from planning to organising to monitoring the AML function in your company.
- Catch up with the latest developments affecting the current regulatory landscape in southern Africa.
- Get answers from our speaker panel on all the questions you may have regarding the use of technology in combatting anti-money laundering.
- Meet new vendors and suppliers of AML software, and get acquainted with their services and products.
- With over 90% of last year’s delegates saying that It is an event worth attending, it is the best way to spend your training budget.
- You will have fun with the organisers TCI. We are serious when it comes to eventing, but we make every event not only educational but also fun. (We are nice people and just love our delegates!
- With over 17 year’s experience and has held more than 300 events, how can you not trust us – Trade Conferences International – to bring you the most professional event?
- Break out of your comfort zone and enjoy the hospitality of our venue – the Indaba Hotel.
Enquire now for special group discounted rates
Send me the conference brochure with full programme
Some of the topic that will be discussed
- Overview of the Southern African banking landscape with an emphasis on regulation and regulatory frameworks
- Global solutions; local problems
- International developments in public/private financial information-sharing partnerships
- Financial crime in South Africa: the 2019 edition
- Provisions of the FIC Act on targeted financial sanctions that came into operation in April this year, including the expansion of the FATF standards to cover crypto assets service providers
- Global corruption, defining AML
- Money laundering and corruption
- What you want to know about FIC Act enforcement, but were too afraid to ask
- Opportunities and challenges in utilising 3rd party datasets for AML purposes
- Cryptocurrencies – the pro’s, the con’s and the unknown
- Source of wealth and source of funds as a tool to effectively mitigate money laundering risk
- Implementing the risk-based approach to AML/CFT: The Zimbabwean experience
- Innovation in fighting financial crime
- South African’s perspective on illicit financial flows
- Financial crime surveillance 2.0
- Anti-money laundering, compliance, and technology
- AML/CFT transaction monitoring
- Inclusive compliance models and anti-money laundering
- Training effective anti-money laundering investigators in a changing world
- Regulatory framework and AML enforcement
- Use of AI to detect and combat financial crime and money laundering
- An (artificially) intelligent approach to financial crime risk management
Normal registration fee: R9 400 + VAT = R10 810 p.p.
See brochure for discounted offers on group registrations
To register e-mail Ryno van Ellewee on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Sponsorship opportunities e-mail: email@example.com or call 011 803-1553
For more 10 years, TCI has been a registered and preferred conference for all the major banks in South Africa