The Remittances and Money Transfers Conference is the place where remittances and money transfer and payments professionals in the SADC region meet and discuss present challenges, opportunities and future scenarios
The list of attendees for the 2019 conference reads like a who’s who list of top practitioners in the payments industry dealing with remittances. Money transfer operators, banks, consultancies, service providers and many others must mark this off in their annual calendars as a must attend event.
Due to the lockdown, the 2020 conference has been postponed and will now take place on 18 & 19 March 2021 at the Indaba Hotel, with an updated programme to reflect the 2021 payments landscape.
Only one look at our expert speaker panel, high end topics and the fact that this is an excellent networking event, will convince any prospective delegates to immediately reserve their space.
Industry leading speaker panel includes
- Yurika Pistorius, Head: AML & Inspection, Clientèle
- Francois Combrinck, AML/CFT Technology Specialist, FrameAML
- Sarah Truen, DNA Associate DNA Economics
- Era Gunning, Senior Associate: Banking & Finance, ENS Africa
- Andrew Stewart, Managing Director for Middle East & Africa, WorldRemit
- Victoria Mojuto, Executive Head: Mobile Financial Services & Tax Regulation, Vodacom Group
- Annette Mahlangu, Business Development Officer Genesis Analytics
- Robert Lane, Director and Cofounder, Veneka
- Oliver O’Brien, Head of Strategy and Business Development, Mukuru
- Nicolas Vonthron, Chief Operating Officer, Mama Money
- Craig Kilfoil, Managing Director and Senior Specialist Consultant, eXactConsult
- Damola Owolade, Financial Inclusion Specialist, FinMark Trust
- Graham Pampel, Senior Manager | Risk Advisory, Deloitte & Touche
Topics to be addressed include
- AML de-risking and remittance markets in SADC
- Achieving and improving: financial inclusion and financial wellbeing
- Data protection concerns in transborder remittances
- The case for more effective detection of Terrorist Financing and Money Laundering for Remittance Products
- Improving cross-border payments in SADC (South African Development Community)
- Regulatory framework for payments
- How is technology redefining the remittance landscape
- Role of fintech in cross border payments and money transfers
The programme will also give an overview and insightful discussions on how the payments landscape in relation to money transfers has changed since the COVID pandemic.
Organisations & departments which attended our previous Remittances & Money Transfers Conferences
Standard Bank * Grinrod Bank * FNB Foreign Exchange * I-Pay Secure Payment * Shoprite Checkers * Bidvest Bank * BankservAfrica * ABSA International Banking * Mukuru Africa * Nedbank * Bank Windhoek * Capitec Bank * ENS Africa * ICICI Bank * IQ Business * SFX * Standard Bank * Ubank * ZB Bank * SA Reserve Bank * PEP * MFS Africa * Standard Bank * KPMG * J.P Morgan Chase Bank * Financial Intelligence Centre * BPC Africa: Sales * Terrapay Payment Services South Africa * MoneyGram Payment Systems * IMB Financial Services * Veneka * Ecentric Payment Solutions * ENS Africa * Compliance Coach * eXactConsult * BPC Africa * IMX Software and more.
Registrations will open early 2021 and there will be early bird registration on offer
Normal registration fee: R8 600
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED RATES FOR NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 2020)
2 delegates R7 000 (Exl VAT) per delegate
3 delegates R6 400 (Exl VAT) per delegate
5 delegates R5 600 (Exl VAT) per delegate
8 delegates R5 000 (Exl VAT) per delegate