The official brochure for this year’s Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime Conference has been launched. Scheduled to take place 4 & 5 August 2021 at the Indaba Hotel, Fourways, this will be a hybrid event also affording delegates from outside South Africa to attend on-line.
Nearly 200 top AML and compliance professionals attended the event in 2019, which makes this southern Africa’s most well know conference on ant-money laundering.
This is the 6th instalment of the conference that is each year attended by professionals from banks, insurance companies, service providers and government.
With nearly 30 delegate registrations already received, this year’s event looks to be another well supported conference.
TOP SPEAKERS FROM THESE ORGANISTIONS WILL ADDRESS DELEGATES
La Trobe University (Australia) * Financial Intelligence Centre * FrameAML * Clientèle * Rely Comply * Financial Sector Conduct Authority * International Compliance Association *Deloitte * Attorneys * Standard Bank * NAMIFISA (Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority) * FNB * Institute for Security Studies * Centre for Competition, Regulation and Economic Development * Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions * FICO * SABRIC (South African Banking Risk Information Centre) * Mukuru Group * FTI Consulting * Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr * BankservAfrica * AgileIT * The Data Company * Experian * Mint Management Technologies * Primerio * Probeta Training
SOME HIGH LEVEL TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Assessment of proliferation financing risk
- Link between compliance and risk management in institutions
- Introduction to advanced analytics for financial crime professionals
- Anti-money laundering and technology.
- AML in mobile financial services and cross border hub technologies
- Role of the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and supervision
- Compliance and Banks of the Future
- Implementing the Risk Based Approach to AML/TF compliance
- Bribery, corruption and fraud – it’s link with anti-money laundering
- Risks of ML/TF when conducting third party payments
- Combating human trafficking through the application of customer and supplier due diligence
- Organised crime and corruption
- Illicit financial flows and industrial development in South Africa
- Anti-corruption and asset forfeiture strategies
- The new normal of money laundering.
- Coordinating the detection and response to crime, fraud and security threats
- True cost of compliance
- Key regulatory themes dominating the compliance landscape.
- FICA and KYC compliance for property professionals
- Use of illegal remittances in crypto
- PLUS 2 panel discussion on AI, block chain; and regulation
WHO MUST ATTEND?
Personnel dealing with the following can be expected to be attending this event: financial crime *AML risk * governance * compliance * AML regulation* transaction monitoring & control *anti-money laundering * regulatory control * risk management * exchange control * AML audit * fraud * customer due diligence * financial crime investigations * sanctions * regulatory oversight *AML monitoring and reporting * fraud * financial surveillance * tax * reporting * financial crime enforcement * bribery & corruption * cyber security*technology * financial surveillance
Normal registration fee: R8 950 + VAT = R10 293 p.p
Early bird registration fee – R6 950 + VAT = R7 992.50.