High profile topics and trends to be covered
- Overview of recommendations contained in the FATF mutual evaluation 2020
- Risks South Africa faces as a result of global ratings
- Public partnerships in the fight against money laundering, highlighting the role of SAMLIT
- Sanction screening and global compliance
- Financial regulation and the fight against money laundering, corruption and bribery
- Corruption, organised crime and money laundering
- Impact of corruption and bribery worldwide and locally
- Why the use of cash is important in developing countries and its connection with financial inclusion?
- Dynamic customer risk assessment
- Building a more effective AML compliance programme – get started with machine learning & AI
- Leveraging the power of AI to transform compliance
- Importance of proper workflow solutions in preventing white collar crime
- Role of emerging technologies in combatting financial crime in the digital ages
- A new approach to risk management – One Customer Truth
- Interaction with risk management and compliance
- Legal developments regarding UBOs, PEPs and sanctions
- Illegal wildlife trafficking and illicit money flows
- Crypto tax in South Africa and SARS audit approaches
- Revisiting AML de-risking in SADC remittance markets – are trends in transaction size evidence of de-risking?
7th instalment Anti-Money Laundering Southern Africa Conference is back on the agenda for 2022
This annual gathering stays one of TCI’s flagship conferences, and has received rave reviews from delegates, speakers and sponsors over the past few years. This hybrid event will be held on 3 & 4 August 2022 at the Indaba Hotel, Johannesburg South Africa.
Against the COVID pandemic the shifting AML landscape has introduced a new age of financial crime, one characterised by complex interconnectivity and undefined geographies causing global regulators struggling to keep up.
The continued proliferation of digital technologies and growing reliance on cryptocurrencies and other alternative forms of payment has created a challenging environment for financial institutions that must comply with a global web of legal and regulatory frameworks, anti-money laundering (AML) directives, surveillance, sanctions and law enforcement.
Various developments regarding money laundering continues to challenge banks, insurance companies, regulators and everyone else affected by new ways and methods of combatting financial crime – collective investment schemes, casinos, tax practitioners, auditors are now also being scrutinised .The network for money laundering is big and is getting bigger by the day.
Other issues such as digital payment related issues, transaction monitoring solutions and information sharing not only between banks, but beyond banks are all needing attention from a southern African
With the release of the FATF’s mutual evaluation report on South Africa last year, the conference programme will dissect some issues relating to criticism from the FATF, including lack of regulation for crypto currencies, better identification and investigation of laundering networks and the widespread use of cash as a high risk for money laundering and terrorist financing.
The conference programme will also investigate the availability of beneficial ownership information, give advice on how to improve the application of a risk-based approach, examine a better understanding of terrorist financing (TF) risks and under reporting by banks.
Over 800 attendees have benefitted in attending this conference since 2015. This is Southern Africa’s no.1 conference on AML.
As organisers, Trade Conferences International (TCI) is once again looking forward to welcoming sponsors, speakers and delegates to this top class industry event.
Willem Janse van Rensburg
Corporate Investigation, Fraud, Coruption & Money Laundering Attorney
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Institute for Security Studies
Adv. Lawrence Muravha
Independent AML Consultant
Chief Product & Strategy, AML Next Gen Analytics
GM:Rsk Management & International Online Services
Global Head: AML Strategy & Marketing
Chief Executive Officer
Compliance Institute of Southern Africa
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Compliance & Risk Resources
Cryptocurrency Tax & Cross-Border Taxation Crypto Tax Consulting
Manager: Financial Crime Policy, Advisory & Training
First Rand Bank
Head: Financial Crime, Retail and Business Bank
Chief Operating Officer, Group Anti Financial Crime
Divisional Head: AML/CFT, Financial
Conglomerate Supervision Department
South African Reserve Bank
Head: Financial Crime Compliance(MLRO)
Director – Organised Crime Observatory (East & Southern Africa)
Global Initiative Against Transnational Organsied Crime
Transport TaskForce Manager
United For WildLife
Head: Advanced Analytics
Practice Head: Artificial Intelligence
Mint Management Technologies
Chief Executive Officer
AVeS Cyber Security
Technology, Media and Telecommunications Associate
10 Reasons why you must attend the Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime 2022 Southern Africa Conference
- Become competent and fully understand the interconnection between corruption, bribery and money laundering.
- Evaluate with our speaker panel the latest compliance and due diligence issues effecting banks and other AML key role players.
- Get updated on the latest challenges and opportunities in the anti-money laundering and financial crime environment.
- Meet all experts in the AML and financial crime environment – global and southern Africa industry leaders.
- Acquire tips on how to negotiate, plan, organise and implement new strategies to smoothen AML operations in your department or company.
- Stay abreast with the latest updates regarding FICA compliance and anti-money laundering news.
- Understand how technology such as AI and machine learning can shape the anti-money laundering drive.
- Get to know the latest on AML reporting and financial surveillance.
- Become an expert in the financial crime environment to sharpen your expertise.
- Improve your business contacts by networking with fellow delegates, speakers and exhibitors.
Who should attend this informative event?
Personnel dealing with the following
financial crime * risk * governance * compliance * regulation * transaction monitoring & control * anti-money laundering * exchange control * auditing * fraud * customer due diligence * customer screening * financial crime investigations * sanctions * regulatory oversight * AML reporting * financial surveillance * financial crime enforcement * bribery & corruption * cyber security * data privacy * emerging technology * tax * collective investment schemes * insurance * organised crime * trafficking * legal & tax practitioners * trafficking* gambling * real estate * trusts * securities * wealth management
Feedback from delegates who attended the AML & Financial Crime Conference in 2021
- “It was well organised and informative and worth attending” | Tshabi Ruth Mokone, Transactional Monitoring,ABSA Financial Crime
- “The facilitator was on point and friendly. This lead to more exciting sessions. I enjoyed the speakers and different choice of topics that were very informative. It covered wide based AML trends and topics” | Chantal Padaychee, Analyst, ABSA Financial Crime
- “The speakers were well versed in their topics” | Lwazi Zaca, AML Specialist, FNB Crime Divisional Risk Management
- “TCI members were very involved when interacting with attendees” | Nomsa Nhlapo, Regulatory Risk Specialist, FirstRand Life Assurance
- “The venue – the presentation and technical team was good” | Nqobile Moyedi, I and S Analyst, ABSA Financial Crime
- “It was a great networking session and meeting new people”| Ross Winson, Financial Crime Compliance Officer, Investec Private Bank Financial Crime Compliance
- “Enjoyed the speakers Loius de Koker and Kevin West” | Deepak Singh, Transactional Monitoring Analyst, Investec Corporate Clients Operations
- “The variety of complicating subjects was good.” | Martie van Heerden, ABSA
- “Speakers are experts in their fields” | Wainedon Parry, Legal Counsel: Regulatory Legal & Financial Crime, ABSA Financial Crime
- “Well organised, social distancing and COVID measures were in place. Quality speakers and topics” | Delfina Franco, Strategic Account Manager Africa, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- “Speakers discussed interesting content” | Sharlome King, Financial Crime Regulatory Specialist, ABSA Financial Crime
- “The event was well planned, speakers spoke well on a variety of
topical issues in the industry. The food was great and COVID regulations
were well covered” | Deborah Maqana, Regulatory Risk Analyst, RMB Risk and Compliance
- “Conference was well organised and very informative. it was very interesting
to get some insights into topics that aren’t part of my day to day duties” | Ntokozo Mthembu, Assistant Manager; Risk Advisory ( Forensic), Deloitte & Touche
- “The extensive experience and knowledge and relevance of the speakers was good” | Keitumetsi Dlamini, Legal and Compliance, Sanlam Specialised Finance
- “A lot of topics were covered and speakers were very qualified” | Hardus Swart, Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst, Investec Corporate Clients Operations
- “Enjoyed the part where they clearly indicated that we should do more don’t just comply, join the fight” | Deon van Loggerenberg, CCI – Enhanced Due Diligence, Investec Corporate Clients Operations
- “Speakers were very knowledgeable and passionate about their topics” | Bronwen Singlam, Financial Crime Compliance Officer, ICIB Financial Crime Compliance
- “Thank you for the wonderful conference last week, it was super great to connect and engage with other professionals” | Wandile Mngadi, Regional Manager – Africa, ACAMS
Some organisations and departments that attended the AML and Financial Crime Conference 2018, 2019 & 2021
South African Reserve Bank Financial Surveillance Department * EY Advisory Services * Standard Bank Group Financial Crime * Nedbank Risk, Compliance & Operations * First Rand Risk * Liberty Compliance * Old Mutual Personal Finance Strategy & Execution * FNB Financial Crime Risk & Compliance * ABSA Financial Crime Compliance * Grant Thornton PS Advisory * Adept Advisory * FBC Holdings * Bidvest Bank AML * Ubank Compliance * Nedbank Regulatory * Adaptris * Old Mutual * Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe * Liberty Life Risk * Accuity * Mukuru Africa * Nedbank AML/CFT Sanctions * Nedbank NIC Risk, Compliance Monitoring * Nedbank CIB AML Sanctions * Moody’s Analytics * Sanlam Collective Investments* Sybrin * Navigate Training & Consulting * ABSA Financial Crime Compliance: Governance, Risk & Control * ABSA Wealth Advisory * SA Reserve Bank, Supervision Department * Deloitte & Touché * Wesbank Regulatory Risk Management * FNB Head of Legal Risk & Compliance * Nedbank Private Wealth * Financial Intelligence Centre * Investec * Sasfin Bank Internal Audit * Mukuru Africa Compliance * Capitec Risk Compliance Systems * Nedbank Private Wealth: Regulatory Operations * Santam Group Compliance * OK Zimbabwe * Mukuru Africa IT * Standard Bank Group Anti-Money Laundering * Digiata Technology Services * Albaraka Bank * Consumer Profile Bureau * Fiserv * Mint Management Technologies * LexisNexis Risk Solutions * FNB Regulatory Risk * Sanlam Investment Management Institutional Business * Investec Group Financial Crime Compliance* Investec Corporate Clients Operations * Standard Bank Financial Crime Management Unit* Albakara Bank * ACAMS * Discovery Financial Crime Compliance * Capitec Bank Anti-Money Laundering* Investec Group Compliance* IMX Software* Ovations Technologies * Wesbank Financial Crime Risk Management * Refinitiv * ACI Worldwide * Old Mutual Finance * ABSA Financial Crime: Anti-Bribery & Corruption * Adept Advisory * Santam Group Compliance * ABSA Internal Audit * FNB Financial Crime Risk * Standard Bank Group Investigations * Sasfin * UBank Compliance * Bidvest Bank * Banking Association South Africa * EastNests * Real Estate Advisory Council * Allan Gray * Oracle * Investec: Central Services Tech * International Compliance Association
Benefits of exhibiting and / or sponsoring at the Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime Southern Africa 2022 Conference
The AML & Financial Crime Southern Africa has become the largest and most influential conference of its kind in southern Africa. It is exclusively aimed at delegates coming from the SADC countries. Sponsoring at this conference gives an opportunity to service providers dealing with AML, risk, compliance and emerging technologies to meet with their target market consisting of representatives of banks, insurance and government.
Make use of our integrated marketing platform to reach your target market
We give you the opportunity to:
- several networking opportunities with high profile delegates and speakers
- penetrate and position yourself as an active player in the banking and fintech industry
- increase brand building and awareness
- access to ideal customer profile data
- for generation of sales leads
- to be ranked as an industry leader
- increase business relationships
Join our existing sponsors at the AML & Financial Crime Southern Africa and make sure that you be seen as an integral player in the compliance and AML field. The conference has become the largest and most influential conference of its kind in southern Africa. It is exclusively aimed at delegates coming from the SADC countries.
Sponsoring at this conference gives an opportunity to service providers dealing with AML, risk, compliance and emerging technologies to meet with their target market consisting of representatives from banks, insurance, government and MLCO’s of private companies.
Comments from sponsors
- “I am so glad the conference went well! It was great to support the event and thank you to all of the team for all your help/assistance during the process and with our sponsorship. It was also great to see the return on face to face events as well. I look forward to working with you in the future” | Roshni Kaylan, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- “I am glad we managed to pull this webinar even though we signed up at the very last minute. I’ve received very good feedback from our delegates. We hope that next year, we will see each other in person” | Sonia Ngoyi, Moody’s Analytics
- “Sounds like it went well overall” | Rakhee Massey, Nice Actimize
- “Thank you very much for a very successful conference. Our sponsorship with TCI is always worth it. I think the hybrid format worked well. ” | Lizette Sander, Bateleur Software
To download the conference programme and registration form
for the Anti-Money Laundering Conference 2022
Please fill in the following form before downloading the brochure and registration form.
Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org | Call +27 11 803-1553 for more information