Stay up to date with new trends and development regarding anti-money laundering in southern Africa
Staying on top of new trends and developments in the money laundering space is one of the best ways to understand how to combat money laundering. Knowledge is power – the more we know, the better we will be able to strengthen efforts against money laundering and financial crime.
Attending the annual Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime 2019 Southern Africa Conference will provide the ideal platform for attendees to get the latest news regarding AML developments – both locally and international.
The conference is taking place on 23 & 24 October 2019 at the Indaba Hotel, Fourways, Johannesburg.
This event – Southern Africa’s biggest and most important event for professionals dealing with anti-money laundering, financial crime, compliance, and fraud – is taking place for the fifth time this year.
Last year’s event was attended by personnel from banks, insurance companies, service providers and government.
REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE FOLLOWING TOP COMPANIES WILL PRESENT:
Banking Association South Africa * Financial Intelligence Centre * Absa * Clientele * Arachnys * FrameAML * Emerge Analytics * Tyme Bank * Standard Bank * University of Johannesburg * Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr * Consumer Profile Bureau * Fico Tonbeller * Namibia Institutions Supervisory Authority* FNB * ENSafrica * CENFRI * Refinitiv * Financial Intelligence Unit Zimbabwe * Citi Bank * Monivation
SOME OF THE TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Overview of the Southern African banking landscape with an emphasis on regulation and regulatory frameworks
- Global solutions; local problems
- International developments in public/private financial information-sharing partnerships
- Financial crime in South Africa: the 2019 edition
- Provisions of the FIC Act on targeted financial sanctions that came into operation in April this year, including the expansion of the FATF standards to cover crypto assets service providers
- Global corruption, defining AML
- Money laundering and corruption
- What you want to know about FIC Act enforcement, but were too afraid to ask
- Opportunities and challenges in utilizing 3rd party datasets for AML purposes
- Cryptocurrencies – the pro’s, the con’s and the unknown
- Source of wealth and source of funds as a tool to effectively mitigate money laundering risk
- Implementing the risk-based approach to AML/CFT: The Zimbabwean experience
- Innovation in fighting financial crime
- South African’s perspective on illicit financial flows
- Financial crime surveillance 2.0
- PANEL DISCUSSION – Anti-money laundering, compliance, and technology
- AML/CFT transaction monitoring
- Inclusive compliance models and anti-money laundering
- The human touch – training effective anti-money laundering investigators in a changing world
- Regulatory framework and AML enforcement
- Use of AI to detect and combat financial crime and money laundering
- An (artificially) intelligent approach to financial crime risk management
WHO MUST ATTEND?
Personnel from the following companies and departments can be expected to be attending this event:
financial crime *AML risk and compliance * governance * compliance * AML regulation * monitoring & control * anti-money laundering * financial crime regulation * financial surveillance * regulatory control & risk management *FACTA *exchange control * CTF *fraud *customer due diligence * technology * auditing * sanctions * forensics * screening * KYC * customer on-boarding
WHO HAS REGISTERED SO FAR?
* LexisNexis Risk * Sanlam Investment Management * Discovery* Albaraka Bank * Bateleur Software * LexisNexis South Africa * Ovations Technologies * Adaptris * Deloitte Analytics * FNB Regulatory Conduct Risk * Old Mutual Finance * Wesbank Financial Crime Risk Management * ABSA Financial Crime Compliance * ACI Worldwide * Standard Bank Group Investigations & Fraud Risk * Nedbank Risk, Compliance & Operations * Investec Central Services IT * First Rand Bank Strategic Payments * Mukuru
Normal registration fee: R9 400 + VAT = R10 810 p.p.
See brochure for discounted offers on group registrations