In 2022, global cross-border payment volumes are predicted to reach $156 trillion and are expected to exceed $250 trillion already by 2027
The Evolution of Cross-Border Payments
The Evolution of Cross- Border Payments Conference to be hosted on 15 & 16 November at the Indaba Hotel Fourways will seek to address the ever evolving cross-border payment landscape in southern Africa.
Since 2011 TCI has held 7 conferences focusing on payments. Our knowledge within the payment industry is extensive. TCI is known for the first payment conference hosted in South Africa.
Cross-border payments have undergone dramatic changes over the past fifty years. Today, one of the realities of real-time payments is that they are initiated and received 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (24/7) and 365 days a year.
Digital currencies employing cryptography, especially stablecoins and central bank digital currencies, are entering the mainstream and raising concerns among banks and financial institutions over the future of payments.
Payment APIs, open banking, and contextual banking are allowing new players to enter the payment eco-system and challenge conventional payment processing practices. Compliance and regulatory requirements have made cross-border payments complicated and costly.
This year’s two day conference will focus on important issues facing southern Africa cross-border payment landscape – best approaches in achieving cheaper, faster, more transparent cross-border payments; mega trends disrupting the cross-border payment landscape; role of application programming interfaces a framework for cross border payments; impact of cross-border payments on AML compliance; analysis of the e-commerce landscape; CBDC interoperability, how biometric solutions can transform cross border payments and much more …..
Over 25 industry-leading speakers will be sharing their knowledge and insights with delegates giving them an in-depth understanding on how to develop more efficient and streamlined cross-border payment systems to support global economic activity and how to identify significant opportunities for innovation and growth.
The conference targets professionals from banks, financial institutions, service providers, consultancies and government.
We invite potential delegates to join us at the conference, so as to once again create the ideal platform for information and knowledge sharing. Involvement will create excellent networking opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, delegates and speakers.
As organisers of the annual AML & Financial Crime Southern Africa Conference, Trade Conferences International (TCI) is proud to bring delegates another excellent event.
Looking forward seeing you there!
Sessions to be covered
A few pertinent topics to be addressed amongst others
- Best approaches in achieving cheaper, faster, more transparent, and more accessible cross-border payments & money transfers
Richard Malcolm, Pan-African Consultant, XBorder Advisory
- Benefits of intelligent payments routing for cross border payments
Brad Gillis, Head: Payments African Regions, Standard Bank Group
- Tech vs.Regulation
Lionel Slowe, Business Development Manager, Finteq
- Insights to the emergence of cross border payments within the African region: South Africa take note!
Kumaran Selvarajalu, Senior General Manager Payments, Banking Association of South Africa
- Buy now pay later – the potential of cross border payments
Alex Forsyth-Thompson, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Float
- Why crypto and borderless decentralised finance (DeFI) transactions are winning in the cross border arena?
Angus Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Minit Money
- Current state of payment disruption caused by fintech on cross border transactions
Louis Volschenk, Chief Executive Officer, Traderoot Africa
Payment gateways considerations to assist with mitigating challenges faced by cross border payment providers
Hennie Blignaut, Business Development Lead, PAY@
Role of technology in enabling frictionless trade and ecommerce in Africa
Mohammed Sangrodi, Digital Consultant, IQbusiness
- Compliance challenges with real-time cross-border payments
Brian Mafararikwa, Regional Compliance Lead – East & Southern Africa, Terrapay.
Central bank digital currencies and cross-border payments
Roelof Goosen, Strategic Financial Inclusion Advisor
Payments system infrastructures and arrangements to enhance cross border payments
Harsha Maloo, Head: Payments, & Arthi, Narayanan, Payments Consultant, Synthesis Software Technologies
Regulatory challenges in cross border payments in Africa
John Oxenham, Director and Founder, Primerio
- How digital innovation & technology is changing cross border payments
Otsile Mabusela, Associate Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
addressing at the event
Regional Compliance Lead – East & Southern Africa
Frost & Sullivan
Head: Payments African Regions
Standard Bank Group
Senior General Manager Payments
Banking Association of South Africa
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Director and Founder
Senior Manager Fraud Services
Synthesis Software Technologies
Synthesis Software Technologies
Strategic Financial Inclusion Advisor
SADC Financial Inclusion Innovation Specialist
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer
Influence of digital revolution on cross border remittances
- Andrew Pillay,International Sales Lead Digital Solutions & eCommerce Specialist/Expert, Peach payments
- Mohammed Sangrodi, Digital Consultant, IQbusiness
Sandy Rheeder, Chief Information Officer, Mukuru
Prevention & detection of cross border payment fraud
Johan Opperman, Chief Executive Officer, RISTCO
Ursula Pearson-Williams, Senior Manager Fraud Services, BankservAfrica
Willem Janse van Rensburg, Corporate Investigation, Fraud, Corruption & Money Laundering Attorney
Who should attend?
Professionals from banks, financial services, fintechs, government and service providers dealing with the following:
cross border payments *exchange control* compliance & risk * cross border ecommerce transactions* money transfers* channel management* payments* clearing & settlements* regulation* international banking *e-banking * foreign exchange * e-wallets * trade * remittances * data analytics* digital payments * payment fraud * e-commerce * financial inclusion*open banking* cybercrime* regulation* anti-money laundering*
Benefits of attending this conference
- gain better insights as to how the cross border landscape has evolved and what the future holds
- stay abreast with emerging technology trends that are shaping the cross border landscape
- explore the intricacies of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDS)
- have a closer look at how to minimise fraud and mitigate cybercrime
- find out how to overcome regulatory and compliance barriers
- network with fellow delegates, speakers and exhibitors to improve your business contacts and relationships
Previous Cross Border Payment Conferences
- Cross Border Remittances & Payments 2018
- Cross Border Remittances in the Digital Age 2019
- Remittances & Money Transfers 2021
- Cross Border Ecommerce 2022
Organisations that previously attended recent TCI conferences
* Adapt IT * Absa Internal Audit *Sanlam Investments * Banking Association South Africa * Nice Actimize * FICO * Bateleur Software * Msg Compliance * Navigate Compliance * LexisNexis South Africa * Tymebank * FNB Chief Risk Office * Old Mutual Group Internal Audit * ABSA Financial Crime * Sanlam Life * Investec Client Due Dilligence * Discovery Group Compliance * Oracle * African Bank Operations * Moody’s Analytics * LexisNexis Risk Solutions * Old Mutual Group Internal Audit * Sanlam Investments * ABSA Financial Crime * Sanlam Life* Discovery Group Compliance * Oracle * Woolworths Financial Services: Risk and Compliance * African Bank Operations * Flash Mobile Vending * Botswana Postbank * Old Mutual Finance Regulatory * Lysis Financial * Capricorn Investments * Woolworths Financial Services * Edge Consulting * Thetaray * Investec *Momentum * Standard Bank Eswatini * African Bank Internal Audit * Moza Banco SA * Central Bank of Seychelles * FNB Nambia * African Bank Group Financial Crime * 4C Group * Arrowheads Consultants * CABS Zimbabwe * Bankservafrica * Deloitte * Financial Services Conduct Authority * Nedbank Zimbabwe * BCX * Lysis Financial * Microsoft South Africa * Standard Bank Financial Crime Compliance * Investec Group Compliance * Guardrisk * South African Reserve Bank : Financial Surveillance Department * ENSafrica * International Compliance Association * Momentum * KMPG * SBV * PIC * Strate * Genesis Analytics * Bank of Zambia * Airtel Mobile Commerce * SADC Banking Association * The Banking Association South Africa * Standard Bank Namibia * SA reserve Bank Prudential Authority *
Feedback from delegates who attended 2022 TCI events
COMMENTS FROM SPONSORS
- The quality of topics and speakers were good. Good networking opportunities. – Lizette Sander, Bateleur Software
- It was brilliant working with you on this Conference. This is only the beginning of our relationship with TCI and I know that there will be many more engagements to come. – Previn Reddy, Sales Manager, Oracle
- Thanks again for your support and organising such a great event. – Shahir Bhuiya, Marketing, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- Thank you so much, Ryno – you have gone above and beyond for our team. We really appreciate the partnership. – Rodica Buzescu, Marketing Manager, Oracle
- Well done! I would love to receive your feedback. – Sonia Ngoyi, Marketing, Moody’s Analytics
- Speakers were great. Conference was very well organized and everyone was friendly. I really enjoyed it and will be back next year. – Neil den Bakker, Assistant Director, Moody’s Analytics
- I just wanted to thank you and your team for your hospitality during the Conference last week. Thank you for the invitation and receiving us with open arms. We learnt a great deal from the speakers and had the opportunity to meet and make new acquaintances. Looking forward to next year’s conference. – Boitumelo Boikhutso, Business Development Manager. Adapt IT
- Good speakers, excellent panel discussions. Vendors gave informative presentations without plugging their products. – Wendy Murruy, Director, Lysis Financial
To download the conference brochure
for the Evolution of Cross-Border Payments Conference 2023
Please fill in the following form.
Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org | Call +27 11 803-1553 for more information