“We must understand that the threat landscape has changed and keeps on changing. With cyber security threats and the associated business risks increasing, we should treat IT security risks as business risks”
This is the view of Charl Ueckermann, Chief Executive Office at AVeS Cyber Security.
Charl will be sharing the stage with more than 20 security experts at the Digitisation and Cyber Security Conference 2018, taking place on 16 & 17 May at the Indaba Hotel in Fourways, Johannesburg.
This event focuses on the banking and financial industry and will attract personnel dealing with IT security, fraud and risk.
Referring to the cybersecurity threat landscape, Charl said that traditional, signature-based security technologies are not enough to address these risks; don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.
At the conference, he will address targeted attacks and the rise of malware.
He will form part of a panel of speakers including:
- Candice Sutherland, Cyber Insurance Underwriter, ITOO Special Risks
- Ravin Sanjith, Programme Director, OpusResearch
- Manny Corregedor, COO, Telspace Systems
- Godfrey Kutumela, Solutions Architect, Curve Technology
- Francis Cronje, Founder, FrancisCronje
- Anthony Olivier, Managing Director, Perfomanta Consulting
- Ursula Fikelepi, Consultant, PPM Attorneys
- Phillip Nicklos, Principal System Architect, Authlogics
- Bernard Ford, CEO, OneChannel
- Contact Xavier Dipedi for more on the speaker panel!
The financial services industry, in particular, has become the target of choice. By attending delegates will be able to explore strategies in order to negotiate the cybersecurity landscape during the implementing or integration of new digital platforms.
To read more about Trade Conferences International go to www.tci-sa.co.za
Normal price – R9 200.00 per person + VAT = R10 488.00
12% group registrations (3 or more) = R8 096.00 + VAT = R9 229.44 p.p.
16% group registration (5 or more) = R7 728.00 + VAT = R8 809.92 p.p.
To find out more about the conference and registration procedures contact the Project Managers, Xavier Dipedi on Xavier@tci-sa.co.za. He can also be contacted on 011 803-0009
For more 10 years, TCI has been a registered and preferred conference organiser for all major banks and financial institution.