The annual instalment of Trade Conferences International’s Debt Collection South Africa Conference was held at the Indaba Hotel over two day and featured major role players in the debt collection and credit risk environment.
The primary goal of this conference was to bring together experts involved in and passionate about the future developments, trends and strategies of the debt collection and credit risk industry.
The conferences was accompanied by exhibiting and sponsoring companies such as Principa, Registered Commination, Easy Debit Payment Solutions, Nupay, PayAt, LegalSoft, Octagon Business Solutions and Ninzi-Connect that displayed their services and products.
All together 18 insightful presentations were shared by representatives from Berelo Innovations, KingJames Digital, Avatar SA, ADRA, Consumer Profile Bureau, MFSA, Principa Decisions, Pypestream, Registered Communication, Ninzi-Connect Software, Genesis Analytics, Flemix & Associates and Master Data Management.
The event also included 3 panel discussion on governance, compliance and legal framework, customer engagement strategies as well as data analytics, which was led by conference chair, Larry O’Sullivan with Council for Debt Collectors of South Africa, Payments Association of South Africa, Compuscan, Callforce and Mint Management Technologies representatives mainly in the hot seat; the event as a whole was well-received.
Some of the attendees can be quoted having said:
- “The topics that were covered was about the industry and satisfactory.” – Millasant Eriss, Key Accounts Manager, Transaction Capital Recoveries
- “The set-up and the coordination by TCI was great and the MC was good’- Cashington Mavunduke, Director, Wellcash Debt Collectors
- “The debt collection 2018 conference was time & money well spent.” – George Mathee, Manager, Atlas Finance
- “The panel discussions was interesting and interactive” – Anton Kleynhans, Head Collections, Motor Finance Corporation (Nedbank)
- “Speakers kept to their times and the conference were great.” – Lebogang Magotlhwane, Collection Manager, GetBucks Botswana
- “The speakers were well informed and responded to each question thoughtfully.” – Doreen Mbulawa, Assistant Director, Department of Labour Compensation fund
- “Conference very well organised, speakers were prepared and knowledgeable about the topics – very insightful.” – Luwela Nodada, Analyst: Applied Behavioural Economics , Genesis Analytics
- “The Debt Collection SA conference offered a good variety of themes and speakers.” – Tina De Lange , General Manager , Tenacity
- “It was nice that they addressed the new regulation guidelines that is about to be passed in parliament.’ – Wilmon Mdletshe , Consultant , CGI Australia
On the whole, feedback received from attendees was greatly positive: 90% of the attendees indicated that the conference was worth attending.
Senior project manager, Michandre Van Niekerk, spoke to delegates at the event and had the following to report: “Delegates that I had an opportunity to chat to expressed their satisfaction with the information and topics shared by speakers in a highly complementary manner.”
Van Niekerk said that “We at Trade Conferences International are determined to give delegates excellent conferences which address the relevant issue in the different industries we do events in… I think we have definitely managed so with this conference”.
Van Niekerk signed off by noting: “TCI is extremely proud to be associated with professionals such as our partner organisations as well as supporting delegate companies that will most certainly be the stepping stone in building further lasting industry relationships.”